Twin Folders End User License Agreement
BY CLICKING THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON OR INSTALLING OR USING THE TWIN FOLDERS SOFTWARE (THE "PRODUCT"), YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND BECOME A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT AS THE "LICENSEE".
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MUST NOT CLICK THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON, YOU MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE PRODUCT, AND YOU DO NOT BECOME A LICENSEE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
1. LICENSE AGREEMENT. "Developer" and "Licensor" shall mean the product developer, Dmitry G. Kozhinov. Twin Folders is property of it's Developer, and is not sold, but licensed for use at one computer at a time for every Licensee.
2. LICENSE GRANT. Developer grants Licensee a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to reproduce and use for personal or internal business purposes the executable code version of the Product, provided any copy must contain all of the original proprietary notices. This license does not entitle Licensee to receive from Developer hard-copy documentation, technical support, telephone assistance, or enhancements or updates to the Product. Licensee may: (i) Use registered (unrestricted, fully functional) version of the the Product at one computer at a time; (ii) Use unregistered (functionally- or time-limited) trial version of the Product at any number of computers. (iii) Make backup copies of distribution files on various media; (iv) Transfer distribution files to other potential users provided that no registration information distributed and no profit received by Licensee (except as otherwise expressly permitted in another agreement for the Product, such as Affiliate Program agreement).
3. RESTRICTIONS. Except as otherwise expressly permitted in this Agreement, Licensee may not: (i) modify or create any derivative works of the Product or documentation, including customization, translation or localization; (ii) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive the source or binary code for the Product (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction); (iii) redistribute, encumber, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Product; (iv) remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Product; (v) Distribute Licensee's registration information; or (vi) Use registered version of the Product at more than one computer at a time, including network access. Additional copies of the product require separate registration and licensing.
4. FEES. There is a license fee for the Product. In order to use unrestricted, fully functional (registered) version of the Product, Licensee should pay license fee to the Developer and receive personal non-distributable registration information.
5. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, Developer may terminate this Agreement if Licensee breaches any of its terms and conditions. Upon termination, Licensee shall destroy all copies of the Product.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in the Product shall remain in Developer and/or its suppliers. Licensee acknowledges such ownership and intellectual property rights and will not take any action to jeopardize, limit or interfere in any manner with Developer's or its suppliers' ownership of or rights with respect to the Product. The Product is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. Title and related rights in the content accessed through the Product are the property of the applicable content owner and are protected by applicable law. The license granted under this Agreement gives Licensee no rights in or to such content.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES THAT IT IS FREE OF DEFECTS, VIRUS FREE, ABLE TO OPERATE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED BASIS, MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCT IS BORNE BY LICENSEE. SHOULD THE PRODUCT PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, LICENSEE AND NOT DEVELOPER OR ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY SERVICE AND REPAIR. IN ADDITION, THE SECURITY MECHANISMS IMPLEMENTED BY THE PRODUCT HAVE INHERENT LIMITATIONS, AND LICENSEE MUST DETERMINE THAT THE PRODUCT SUFFICIENTLY MEETS ITS REQUIREMENTS. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT. NO USE OF THE PRODUCT IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL DEVELOPER OR ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS OR ANY OPEN SOURCE CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED. IN ANY CASE, DEVELOPER'S AND ITS AFFILIATES' ENTIRE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE SUM OF THE FEES LICENSEE PAID FOR THIS LICENSE (IF ANY) AND FEES FOR SUPPORT OF THE PRODUCT RECEIVED BY DEVELOPER UNDER A SEPARATE SUPPORT AGREEMENT (IF ANY). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. DEVELOPER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF CONTENT PROVIDED BY LICENSEE OR A THIRD PARTY THAT IS ACCESSED THROUGH THE PRODUCT AND/OR ANY MATERIAL LINKED THROUGH SUCH CONTENT.
9. HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES. The Product is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as, but not limited to, the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of the Product could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage ("High Risk Activities"). Accordingly, Developer and its suppliers specifically disclaim any express or implied warranty of fitness for High Risk Activities. Licensee agrees that Developer and its suppliers will not be liable for any claims or damages arising from the use of the Product in such applications.